This is me with two of my greatest girlfriends. Ali is in the middle and Stephanie is the bride. As of this morning we have all suffered the loss of a baby. In fact, Ali has lost two babies. I am so sad. I have told both of them that if it could have been only me I would have that instead of them having to hurt this way. I'm just having a difficult time grasping that this type of loss has become a sort of common denominator in our friendship. It used to be camp, Mapleridge, Allen and the Dixie Chicks. I think of the three of us, tanned with our fake nails, snuggling in the Gallagher's basement, the boys playing pool, Diet Coke cans and pizza boxes everywhere, when everything seemed so good & right. I know that God has a plan for this, all of this, but tonight is just hard. My heart grieves heavily for Steph and Brandt tonight. And I'm still grieving for Ali and Luke. And earlier this week they were here for us as we celebrated Allen Michael's day. I'm kinda feeling lost as to what to write as the question, "Really?" consumes my mind. I love you both. I am so sad and so sorry for all of us. xoxoxo - Me
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Feeling Sad
This is me with two of my greatest girlfriends. Ali is in the middle and Stephanie is the bride. As of this morning we have all suffered the loss of a baby. In fact, Ali has lost two babies. I am so sad. I have told both of them that if it could have been only me I would have that instead of them having to hurt this way. I'm just having a difficult time grasping that this type of loss has become a sort of common denominator in our friendship. It used to be camp, Mapleridge, Allen and the Dixie Chicks. I think of the three of us, tanned with our fake nails, snuggling in the Gallagher's basement, the boys playing pool, Diet Coke cans and pizza boxes everywhere, when everything seemed so good & right. I know that God has a plan for this, all of this, but tonight is just hard. My heart grieves heavily for Steph and Brandt tonight. And I'm still grieving for Ali and Luke. And earlier this week they were here for us as we celebrated Allen Michael's day. I'm kinda feeling lost as to what to write as the question, "Really?" consumes my mind. I love you both. I am so sad and so sorry for all of us. xoxoxo - Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment