Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Picture Says A Thousand Words

Moms, you know when you leave the room for just one moment? Not even necessarily to do something for yourself, like go to the bathroom or blow your nose, but to better the other room for your babies sake, and you come back to the room to a scene like this...



Oh the joys of parenthood! And then, as I uploaded this photo, I realized just what was going on in the picture. Not the Cheerio fiasco in the front of the shot, but the background. The ugly green walls that I have been meaning to repaint for the past three years, the groceries that we bought yesterday that are still in their bags on the floor over 24 hours later, the full bag of garbage that I didn't want to bring out in the blizzard, the pie pans, crock pot and the mostly gone and totally flat 2-liter of Cranberry Sierra Mist on the table from Thanksgiving. YIKES! I think I need to go to bed and try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I understand EVERYTHING you are saying in this. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there. And don't you sometimes miss being able to go to the bathroom without worry about what's going on in the other room?

Brandt and Steph said...

hehe! hilarious! i LOVE the picture :) and don't worry... we all have days like these!