Sunday, October 5, 2008

Plans

I think I would have figured it out by now. We can make all sorts of plans but often God doesn't have the same plans for us. Here is what I planned for this weekend. Friday night we were going to drive down to the cities and stay with our friends the Sorbel's for a night of Rook and cookies. My plans for Saturday were to meet my Questex girlies at the Albertville Outlet Mall and join them for the first few hours of our bi-annual shopping spree and then head to St. Paul with Allen & the babies for my auntie Cathy's surprise 50th bday party at the RanHam Bowling Lanes. After the party we planned on staying with our friends the Peterson's. Sunday was going to be a lazy day of traveling home. Taking our time and enjoying the day.
Needless to say that's not what happened. Thursday I felt a bit of a tickle in my throat and by that evening I had a full blown cold. Cough, fever, chills, sore throat, the works! So, scratch all the afore mentioned plans! We drove down to the cities on Saturday morning, visited with Allen's parents for about 45 minutes, went to the surprise party and didn't even stay until the end. Nora hadn't napped all day and by 5 pm she was done! She was so squirrely at the bowling alley. Running around completely punch drunk. We knew it was time to go when she stopped long enough to pull out her pigtails and give her momma a snuggle. The drive home was VERY long. The portable dvd player Jori borrowed us ran out of power only 15 minutes into the third viewing of Elmo's World - Pets! We thought we were going to be in trouble but Nora fell asleep in about two minutes. And stayed asleep until Joli decided to start screaming! So we stopped at North Branch to change diapers, make bottles, and switch them into pj's. And since I hadn't been able to spend any of my weekend shopping with the girls, my darling hubby let me indulge for a bit. We met my parents and Jori & Chad at Tobies for coffee and rolls. It was 9pm and the girls were still awake. They were soooo funny. In quite good moods, actually. And slept the rest of the way home. Again, my hubby indulged me and let me sleep in today. I didn't wake up until 11:30! What??? That's like high-school me. So a very different weekend then planned, but good none-the-less.
Anyways, I am surrounded by teeny tiny clothes. TONS of teeny tiny clothes! I am supposed to be going through the girls clothes and putting the small ones away and the ones that fit in their drawers. Instead I am blogging, eating pizza, watching I Love Money/Three Fugitives/Arrested Development (my hubby has the remote control!) and just looking at all these sweet little girl baby clothes. I'll post a pic ~ cause, really, what's a post without a photo?!

No comments: