Friday, October 17, 2008
The Thursday Night Office Party Gets Bloody
Thursday nights have become so much fun! We've been having our friends over for dinner and to watch The Office since the season premiere three weeks ago. Last night was a lot of fun. The Benneys, Shaners, Hass, Glen, Nathan & MaKenzie came over. Sandra & Aaron brought very yummy chicken wild rice soup for dinner. We had a DQ cake to celebrate Nate's birthday. The Office was, as per usual, hilarious! After the show the boys pulled out the wii
and the girls chatted.
They were playing beach volleyball - which is so funny to watch when you cannot see what's going on on the screen :) So I have six grown men standing in our living room "spiking" the ball with their wii remotes when we hear a sickening TWACK! Ben dives to the floor holding the top of his head and the other five follow shortly laughing their heads off. That is until Ben removed his hand only to find lots of blood. My husband was going for (what I can only imagine was going to be a game winning) spike and smacked his remote into Ben's (his volleyball partner) head.
As soon as our medical emergency crew (Allen - RN, Aaron - EMT, Nate - OT) saw blood they were all business. They got Ben onto a chair, checked the cut (which Allen says is just a scratch) to see if he needed stitches, applied pressure, and then iced the owie.
Needless to say, that ended the night. The Shaners assure me they won't be suing and will attend our future Office nights. It's always an adventure at the Lepien house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Natalie, I love the story and I'm glad everything turned out alright in the end. I love reading your blog and you've inspired me to start one for our family. So, thank you. And I can't want to hear more of the Lepien family adventures. :)
~Jaime
Um, just a small update. Ben's recovery is going well. He bled until around midnight Thursday night. It was "merely a flesh wound" and all has been forgiven. :)
That is absolutely Hilarious! My brother threw the Wii remote into the TV once...thankfully it didn't break, but i know how violent the Wii can be!
Post a Comment