Oh, we did have plans for today. We
were going to clean, organize, make a yummy dinner, hit up a few grad parties. We
did sleep in late (Al), watch a lot of Dora the Explorer, take an extra long nap (Joliana & I), went to Hom Furniture and ordered take-out from Olive Garden. It wasn't a bad day but now that it's 10:30 at night I feel badly that I have a messy house that smells awfully garlicky! There's always tomorrow though! Allen's weekends off go by so quickly. That's why I cannot wait for... drumroll please.... his NEW JOB to start! That's the big, kinda-secret, news I've been mentioning in past posts,
Twitters & on Facebook. He put in his resignation on Friday so now I am at liberty to share. He'll be starting at St. Mary's at the beginning of July. He's been hired as a cath lab nurse. Not sure of what all that entails other than he will be working straight days! WHOOT! No more evenings, weekends or holidays!! He'll also be working with Aaron. Those poor cath lab people! :) But I truly can't wait!! I think it's going to be healthy for us - mentally & physically! We'll finally have a regular schedule that we can count on. We can have dinner together as a family every night. I can go out for a walk before he has to be to work every morning. He won't have to start papers or projects for school at midnight after coming off an evening shift. We might just start going to bed at a decent hour. YAY!! One bummer is that we now owe St. Luke's $6000! WHAT?! The past two years Allen has used his $3000 tution remibursement benefit for school, and b/c he'll be done before a year has passed we have to pay it back. It's scary but we feel that this new job will be better for our family and trust God's hand has been all over this and that this is where He wants Allen to be. We'd covet any prayers for this situation as we figure out a payment plan with the hospital. At first they told us that they needed it before Allen left and would just be holding it from his paychecks. YIKES!! Hello! He is the only one receiving a paycheck for this family and we need them! God has taken care of that already though, and they are going to let us pay them back over the next year or two. Whew!
I'll finish up with a few pics from my bday. I didn't take too many pics at the party. Maybe if Nora hadn't stepped in "Annie-foofie" (the Benney's dog) poop and then stepped on my lap, which was adorned with my pretty new party dress, which had to be immediately taken off and thrown into the wash (thank goodness it was machine washable!), which meant I had to change into sweaties, about 5 minutes after I arrived at the party, I may have taken more. But, then again, maybe not. :)
Joli put some frosting on her nose...

Looks like she started something...

Birthday girl momma joins in on the fun!

Nora stayed up late to be part of the faux surprise!

Enjoying the bonfire

AB, Niki, me & Kyle ~ the boys joined us after ruining all the pics we tried taking of ourselves!
No comments:
Post a Comment